From Seth Godin's excellent blog
Good advice, easily overlooked
Number one rule for avoiding alligator attacks:
Don't swim in bodies of water containing large alligators.
Of course, sometimes the thing you want is on the other side of that body of water. If so, don't complain, just swim fast.
Mr. Sting's Comments;
I however would like to give an other option. If you want what is on the other side, why not build a boat? Many people have problems, that they don't know how to solve. As private investigators our job is to help determine the best way to solve the clients problem.
In the above mentioned scenario the problem is you want something on the other side the water.
1. Swim fast (possibly be eaten by alligators)
2. Build a boat (hope you are a good boat builder, faulty boat = well fed alligator)
3. Buy a boat (of course you need to be able to afford a boat)
4. Rent a boat (hope you know how to operate said boat)
5. Hire someone to retrieve said item.
All options above should be considered given the particular problem? If you have a problem, think of multiple solutions and pick wisely. Don't ignore the problem. If your problem could be solved by hiring a Private Investigator, please feel free to call on us.